MEET ANDREW GRZYB – Ignite XDS art director and design team leader. Andrew has been with Ignite XDS for a little over two and half years. His immense talent and passion for the visual medium make him indispensable to our endeavors, and his kind and easy-going nature makes him a great person to collaborate with, whether you're a client or a coworker. We sat down with Andrew and asked him to tell us a little more about himself, and how he fits into the Ignite Team.
What's Your Favorite Part About Your Job?
My favorite part about my job is being able to be creative for a living. To be able to create and design things for companies that help them improve their brand, grow their business, and give them the look and visual appeal that they need to get to the next level. I love the challenge that design brings, in that it’s always changing and there are always new trends to stay up to date on, and I think that is what makes our line of work so exciting. Ignite XDS has been a great place for me to grow and to continue to learn since we have such a variety of clientele that we work with. I like that we put a lot of emphasis on growth as a company. That’s something that’s always stood out to me, that we’re always trying to better ourselves and our culture.
How Would You Describe Your Design Style?
I wouldn’t say that I’m stuck to a specific design style. I like to stay well rounded since we work with a variety of clients. However, I am a huge fan of illustrative work and typography, and I’m always looking at that style of work to inspire new ideas for myself.
What's The Most Rewarding Part About Working At Ignite XDS?
Since I’ve started to work at Ignite XDS, I’ve learned so much more about design and workflow processes, and I like that we’re given the opportunity to continue to learn and grow in those respects. I’ve continued to grow in my leadership role as well and am always learning from the other teams about new best practices and ways of doing things.
Quick + Fun Facts About Andrew:
- He plays guitar in a band called The Timbre of Cedar, who have been together for four years and will be releasing a couple of new singles this summer. Their music is available on many major platforms including Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, and YouTube.
- He has an identical twin brother (Andrew is older by 20 minutes).
- He loves spending time with his girlfriend, family, and friends.
- He's a sucker for a good burger, but is always on the lookout for a solid Reuben or Cuban sandwich.
- He loves to travel, as well as experience and learn about other cultures.
Stay tuned for more employee spotlights to learn more about who makes the magic happen at Ignite XDS.